Saturday, June 2, 2018

Essential Books

       Books, books and more books!

When you read a book, you embark on a new life adventure.
When you buy a book, you invest in a new outlook on life.
When you write a book, you share a part of yourself and a new journey of life.

     These words have been said a thousand different ways, but they always mean the same thing. Books are important. I'm glad books are essential to my life.

     Few things have affected my life as much as reading. Non-fiction teaches me important things I need to know. Thank goodness for people who write "How to..." books. 
     
      A good fiction story transports me to another world in minutes. The drama awakens my senses, and I am lost in the time, character, and story.  Fiction grabs me and doesn't let go until I've worked through the events and conflicts to reach a resolution. Stories of joy and sadness, ups and downs reflect real life, often shedding new light on a problem solved in a new way.

     Today I read fiction and non-fiction. It's delightful to have time to sit and read. My husband polished off a fiction book from the beginning until the end. Thanks to Lisa Wingate and thanks to David Baldacci--you made our day.

     I would like to invite you to be a part of my book launch on July 28 for Georgia Stories On My Mind.  Barbara Barth has planned an extravaganza at the Monroe Art Center. She really knows how to throw a party. We are looking forward to seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment